Summer time on Anna Maria Island is truly paradise. It’s not too crowded, the Gulf water is warm enough for us locals to jump in, and the cold beer is even more refreshing. Though the best part of Summer on the Island is when the 4th of July comes around. The 4th of July festivities on AMI are always a hit with visitors and locals, and it really is a fun filled day of celebration. As we count down the days to the holiday, let’s discuss all the festivities taking place locally.
4th of July Festivities On the Island
- Privateers Parade: The Privateers Parade is an annual 4th of July parade that begins at 10am. The parade starts down at Coquina Beach, and travels North to Anna Maria. The parade ends at City Pier Park (Pine Ave and North Bay Blvd), which is where the next event takes place.
- City Celebration: This takes place at the City Pier Park as the parade comes to an end at 12:30pm. This event is open to everyone, so don’t be shy. Come stop by and enjoy some hot dogs, beverages, and some patriotic tunes.
- Fireworks: This year The Sandbar Restaurant will be hosting a firework display after sunset (weather permitting). For the best view, try to get a spot on the beach just to the North or just to the South of the restaurant.
4th of July Festivities Off the Island
- Longboat Key: The Longboat Key Chamber of Commerce is putting on their Freedom Fest from 9am – 11am July 4th. The Freedom Fest event includes a parade, music, food, and more! The parade begins at the Suntrust Bank building (510 Bay Isles Road), and wraps up at the nearby Bicentennial Park.
- Cortez: If you really enjoy a good hot dog,than maybe you should participate in Swordfish Grill & Tiki Bars 6th Annual Hotdog Eating Contest. The contest begins at 1pm.
- Bradenton: Pier 22 (1200 1st Ave W, Bradenton), a restaurant on the Manatee River in Downtown Bradenton, will be presenting a firework show, shown in the picture at the top of this blog, after sunset. You can view the firework display from downtown Bradenton, and on the waterfront in Palmettto.
- Sarasota: The firework display in Sarasota, also taking place on the 4th, will have the best viewing in downtown Sarasota, on the Bay front.
Have a safe holiday everyone!!
4th of July Festivities On and Off AMI - 2019,