Home to the famous Siesta Key Beach, Sarasota is known for much more than just its beautiful beaches. Below, you will find our 5 favorite activities to do while in Sarasota, Florida. Check out our list, and let us know what your “Sarasota Top 5” would consist of.
Sarasota Top 5
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens – Jungle Gardens is a fantastic wildlife sanctuary. Here, you will find over 200 exotic and native animals. This is a super cool place for everyone, kids and adults!
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens – 15 acres of a “living museum”. The Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is breathtaking. Popular exhibits here include; Ann Goldstein Children’s Rainforest Garden, Towering Bamboo Garden, Banyan Groves, etc.
- Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium – Mote Marine is located just south of Longboat Key and is simply AWESOME. Here, you get to see (and at times touch) different marine animals.
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art – A visit to The Ringling is a must for those who love fine art. But it is more than just an art museum. The Ringling also consists of a circus museum, and the famous Ca’ d’Zan, a 36,000 Sq. FT, 5 story mansion that is open to the public.
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum – The classic car museum in Sarasota is great for the person obsessed with cars. Over 70 vehicles including some beautifully restored vintage vehicles. Come check out John Ringling’s 1922 Rolls Royce!
Sarasota Top 5 - What to do in Sarasota,