When visiting Anna Maria Island there are plenty of fitness activities to keep you feeling healthy during your paradise getaway. Enjoy a great vacation guilt free when you try out these Top 11 fitness activities on Anna Maria Island.
Top 11 Fitness Activities
- Going to the Gym: The Fitness Center at The Center of Anna Maria Island is a great place to go get your workout in. The Fitness Center consists of a Cardio Center, Weight Center, Specialty Fitness Room, and a Stretch and Mobility Room. They also offer some awesome fitness classes and are always adding new ones. Iron Yoga, Body Blast, and Tai Chi are just some of the classes done here. For none-members, classes are $15.
– The Fitness Center at The Center of Anna Maria Island: 407 Magnolia, Anna Maria City, FL 34216
– Phone: (941) 778-1908
2. Fit Crew: Since 2010, Fit Crew Bradenton has been offering Personal Training, Sports Specific Training, Nutritional Services, and Cross Training Group Classes. It is also the biggest non-commercial gym in Bradenton. This is a great place for challenging yourself both physically and mentally, while also forming bonds with others and forming friendships.
– Fit Crew Bradenton: 608 19th Ave West, Bradenton, FL 34205
– Phone : (941) 749-0400
3. Bike riding from Anna Maria Island to the Robinson Preserve and back. I love the 11 mile bike ride, and it can easily be completed in 1 hour. Plus you always see local wildlife!
– Robinson Preserve: 1112 Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, FL 34205
Phone: (941) 742-5923
4. Bike riding to Harry’s Continental Kitchen on Longboat Key is another decent ride. This lets you get familiar with Longboat Key and try the delicious food at Harry’s.
– Harry’s Continental Kitchen: 525 St Judes Dr, Longboat Key, FL 34228
– Phone: (941) 383-0777
Insider tip: The Coquina Bike path is a great low key bike path that takes you off the streets and lets you bike on a side walk close to the Beach!
5. Paddle boarding or kayaking around the bayous and gulf side is an awesome fitness activity. Love the workout and being able to be out on the water while getting a tan! And you basically always see marine life, whether it be dolphins, rays, sea turtles, and more!
6. Playing golf at one of the many golf courses in the area. Click here to see all the Golf Courses on and near AMI.
7. Rollerblading is back baby! Rollerblading has become more popular recently, and the back streets of the Island are great for rolling around.
8. Playing tennis at the local free tennis courts, or shooting some hoops at the public Basketball Court.
9. Pure Barre: Located in Northwest Bradenton, Pure Bare offers 4 different group class formats that are concentrated on lifting & toning muscles using low impact, high intensity movements. Everyone I know that has tried out Pure Barre has loved it!
– Pure Barre: 6745 Manatee Ave W, Bradenton, FL 34209
– Phone: (941) 792-8663
10. Activities at the Anna Maria Island Community Center are great for keeping you in shape during your stay on Anna Maria Island. There’s tennis, pickleball, and adult & youth sports.
– The Center of Anna Maria Island: 407 Magnolia Ave, Anna Maria, FL 34216
– Phone: (941) 778-1908
11. Last but not least, going on a sunset beach run/walk along the water. I love taking pictures and watching the day end as I get a good run in!