Looking for tasty food while you’re on the Anna Maria Island? Well you’re in luck we have composed list of Anna Maria Island restaurants from fine dining, to beachfront restaurants, pizza, and where to get the best burger on the island. We have plenty of tasty restaurants to choose from on AMI but the ten restaurants below are a MUST VISIT!
1) Beach Bistro in Holmes Beach – Enjoy fine dining on the Gulf of Mexico with an excellent wine selection and amazing entrée’s.
6600 Gulf Drive
Holmes Beach, FL, 34217
2) Island Ocean Star in The City of Anna Maria – A unique dining experience on Anna Maria Island with award winning Sushi and a Hibachi Grill.
902 South Bay
Anna Maria, FL, 34216
There is nothing better than relaxing on Anna Maria Island and dining outdoors. It is a fabulous way to enjoy our tropical weather and enjoy the great outdoors! Anna Maria Island does boast some fabulous restaurants that offer dining with waterfront views. Open air dining with a waterfront view is pretty spectacular.
Lots of choices below and hopefully we have wet your appetite enough to go visit a few. Be sure to check out our Frequently Asked Question pages for more information on Anna Maria Island.
If you are looking to enjoy a little night life while visiting Anna Maria Island we have got you covered! Here is our top ten night spots on Anna Maria Island. By the way in no particular order and tried to include the normal outfits found for patrons visiting the night spot. We would classify night spots into three categories; Motorcycle bar, Coastal Vacationer bar, Local bar or a mixture of Vacationer and Local.
Top Ten Night Spots
1.Hurricane Hanks– Laid-back sports bar with a fantastic menu! I have never had a bad meal at Hurricane’s so grab a drink and enjoy some great eat’s. My father love’s grabbing a gin and tonic with the scallops and bacon appetizer. Business casual is normally the outfits found at Hurricane Hanks and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
5346 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, FL (941) 778-5788
2. Island Time Bar & Grill– Great atmosphere with live music & a tasty menu! Coastal casual wear is what would be found at Island time and this is a mixture of Coastal Vacationer and Locals.
111 Gulf Drive South Bradenton Beach, FL 34217 1st Floor TEL: 941-782-1122
3.Cortez Kitchen– Located not too far off the Cortez Bridge, this outdoors, laid back restaurant most likely will have a live band, good food, and a good time in store for you. Good mix of coastal visitors and locals makes this a good choice for any type of evening you are looking for.
4528 119th Street West Cortez, FL 34215 (941) 798-9404
4. Bridge Tender Inn & Dockside Bar- Inside is the sports bar and restaurant, outside’s a tiki bar with live music, right on the water, and even a flat screen for game days! Located in Bradenton Beach just of Bridge Street. Parking can be a challenge so bring your patience or ride the trolley! Good mixture of Coastal Vacationers and Locals.
155 Bridge Street Bradenton Beach, FL, 34217 (941) 778-4849
5. Dcoy Ducks – Great nightspot with live music, poker nights and more! Located in the heart of Holmes Beach right next to the Feast. Go grab some fabulous food at the Feast and walk less than 30 feet to Dcoy Duck’s! Normal outfit would be a tshirt with some casual shorts. Leather could be included but this is a good mix of visitors and locals that patronize this bar. Mixture of locals, coastal vacationers and motorcyle patrons.
5410 Marina Drive, Holmes Beach, FL (941) 778-5888
6. Drift Inn- Small town bar on historic bridge street. Normal outfit could include a little leather but likely includes a t-shirt and some torn up blue jeans. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
120 Bridge Street, Bradenton Beach, FL (941) 778-9088
7. Anchor Inn– Friendly bar with pool tables and darts. This is one of several local bars located just South of Publix. Normal outfit would include a little leather. More of a feel of motorcycle patrons along with locals.
3007 Gulf Drive, Holmes Beach, FL (941) 778-3085
8. Bortells – Pinball, video games, and pool tables. Normal outfit would include a little leather and some blue jeans.
10002 Gulf Drive Anna Maria, FL (941) 778-5487
9. The Doctor’s office is located within a short 2-3 minute stroll from the Feast or Dcoy Ducks. The Doctor’s Office is a craft cocktail bar. They have small bites, wine, beer and some unique cocktails to offer. This is a very quaint and cozy bar that reminds me more of a cigar parlor with comfy seats and fabulous staff that works to meet your every whim. Normal outfit would be business casual and this has strong coastal vacationer feel.
5312 Holmes Blvd Holmes Beach, FL (941) 213-9926
10. Slim’s- Great place to watch sports! Great food, billiards and live entertainment. This for sure is a local hang out and many nights they host after party teams from the Anna Maria community Center extracurricular evening sports activities. Normal outfit would be coastal wear with some shorts. Coastal vacationer and local hangout.
By the way – there is no reason to drink and drive on Anna Maria Island. Check out the free monkey bus or the free Anna Maria Island Trolley for plans to let someone else handle the heavy lifting while out on the town!
So you’re thinking about visiting Anna Maria Island? What are you going to do when you get here? Or maybe you’re already here? Island Real Estate has
the resources to help you make some decisions! Let’s start with counting by tens (because we know that’s much easier than threes or fours or any of those other boring numbers)!
Anna Maria Island’s best restaurants
Check out Jason’s Anna Maria Island restaurant picks! Follow it up with some of our selections for ice cream and desserts and you are ready to start doing what you really came here for. For a full list of recommendations visit our Anna Maria Island restaurants section.
Anna Maria Island Activities
We know you came here to do everything on our endless list of activities! That’s right, every last thing!
Let’s start with some great family fun! It’s fun for the whole family with these activities for kids!
There’s plenty of don’t-miss adventure to be had on the island! Try some of these daytime activities where you can rent some equipment and have some fun!
Or let’s take a short trip just south of the island, to participate in Sarasota activities, with lots of fun options and some more beautiful scenery!
How about all the fun, none of the cost? Don’t forget to enjoy some of these free activities like an Anna Maria Island scavenger hunt!
Get the inside scoop on area fun by checking out some of our staff’s Favorites Lists. Don’t miss the tips on things like shopping and nightlife, from Carol’s, Amy’s, and Kacey’s Top 10 lists!
Read The Best of Anna Maria Island with our A,B,C’s
Anna Maria Island Activities to do on Rainy Days
Anna Maria Island Family Activities
Anna Maria Island Activities to do With Your Pets
Anna Maria Island salons, spas, and relaxation activities
Still have some time before the day is over? Venture off Anna Maria Island to take in some epic shopping in Tampa or at the Ellenton Outlet Mall. Don’t forge there are some fabulous gift and beach shops all across Anna Maria Island!
So now it’s night time. What is there to do? Sleep? Not a chance! You’re on vacation so let’s keep the party going! Check out a couple prime locations to watch the sunset and then get ready for the nightlife. Do you sing in the shower or the car? Not anymore because now you’re going to be singing in front of a crowd that is cheering you on as you croon through each chorus at one of the numerous karaoke bars in the Anna Maria Island area. Doesn’t sound quite like your glass of beer? Then check out our favorite night spots!
Stay in Shape During Your Visit to Anna Maria Island
When it comes to finding a good place to eat on Anna Maria Island, you don’t have to look far. From Tex-Mex to salad bars, it’s easy to find a meal everyone will enjoy. The island is home to some of the best burger joints, whether you’re looking to lay back and enjoy live music or sit down with family at a gourmet restaurant. Here are the top 5 Anna Maria Island burger restaurants:
Top 5 Anna Maria Island Burger Restaurants
1. Hurricane Hanks
Located in Holmes Beach, Hurricane Hanks is sure to make your taste buds happy! With delicious burgers such as Big Texas Roadhouse and The Pub Burger (which are highly recommended), you’re sure to enjoy whatever your stomach desires. With a beachy design and an open bar, Hurricane Hanks is the place to go for great food and a laid-back atmosphere!
2. Island Gourmet Grill
If you’re looking for a bit of a fancier atmosphere, look no further than Island Gourmet Grill located off Marina Drive in Holmes Beach. Serving mouth-watering burgers such as the Island Burger, which features all your favorite burger toppings as well as a steakhouse onion and blue cheese, you can’t go wrong by visiting. Plus, don’t let the name fool you! A gourmet experience and good prices go together like peanut butter and jelly at this restaurant, keeping you and your wallet happy.
3. Slim’s Place
Head over to Slim’s Place off Gulf Drive for a casual dinner and great burgers! Voted as the number one sports bar on Anna Maria Island, Slim’s Place offers the perfect experience for family and friends who are looking for a casual lunch or dinner. Plus, with 12 TV’s there’s no reason to miss your favorite sports game! Be sure to check out their burger “The Slim,” which features yummy toppings such as gouda cheese, bacon, and crispy onion straws.
4. Skinny’s Place
Family owned since 1952, Skinny’s Place is home to some of the best burgers on the island. Located off Gulf Drive in Holmes Beach, Skinny’s offers a variety of burgers, from your typical cheeseburger to “The G3,” a triple burger with three cheese. If you’re looking for delicious burgers and great service, Skinny’s Place is the place to be!
5. Duffy’s Tavern
If you’re looking for unique, delicious burgers, Duffy’s Tavern is the perfect place to visit! Found off Marina Drive in Holmes Beach, Duffy’s has been featured on USA Today’s top 10 “Hamburger Heavens,” and is home to many interesting burgers such as the Brie and Caramelized onion Cheeseburger, the Tex Burger, and the Fresh Jalapeño and f burger.
With so many options, burger lover’s everywhere are sure to find a delicious meal at one of our top 5 Anna Maria Island burger restaurants! As actress Erica Durance once said, “We all need to make time for a burger once in a while!”